Saturday, January 19, 2013

Women

The topic that I will cover this semester will involve women and their never-ending quest for equality throughout the world.  The issue of women is important to me because as the world evolves there has to be an emphasis on the importance of the overall condition's of women.  It has been proven in most cases that when women that are included in the workforce that country experiences a better overall economy.  It has also been proven that when women are included in government that that country is more developed.  Women and their rights are quite possibly one of the most important factors going into the next decade.  In our developed world women have the opportunity to achieve whatever their heart desires.  The developed world has women in many powerful positions, from CEO's of Fortune 500 companies to Secretary of State.  I believe that our environment sometimes creates a feeling of ignorance because the country that we live in believes in equality of all people.  The average American citizen probably does not know the severity of how bad women are treated in most areas of the world.  This world involves girls, barely teenagers, becoming married to men, human trafficking, and prostitution.  Education for women in some areas of the world is nonexistent   Some women are thought of nothing more than property and an avenue for children to come into the world. Of all the topics, women are included in the majority of them and I feel that I can go more in-depth with this topic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment