Friday, February 14, 2014

Blog #2 Ugandas big decision on bail 2/14/14

Summary: So recently, Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni has made a hugely controversial proposal. The proposal is to deny bail to anyone that may be having sex with someone of the same sex. If there is reason to believe a certain person is homosexual, they are to be locked up immediately with no chance of bail until they go on trial. Basically treating consensual gay sex as rape.

Analysis:  If an act is consensual, why is it treated as otherwise? If I hit someone in the face, is that really wrong if the other person wanted me to? And that analogy is if you were to see gay sex in a negative light (comparing it to hitting someone). Gay sex is becoming looked at as criminal behavior, and I am not sure how. If being homosexual implied any type of criminal behavior I could understand, but it doesn't. No more than being heterosexual. Why is this double-standard allowed to poison our justice system?

No comments:

Post a Comment